0
PREVIOUSLY ON INNOCENT SOUL
“Soja, Umeona msichana Mweupe amevaa skirt
ya blue fupi na top ya white na weave.
Amekuwa na mwanaume amevaa jumper ya… ”
before i finished i saw the jumper and the cap
that the man was wearing dropped at the edge
of the school fence just after the gate. My
heart skipped a beat. i pointed at the clothes.
Looked at the gateman in surprise and asked
him, “Umeona mwenye ametupa hizo nguo
hapo?”
INNOCENT SOUL (CLARA) EPISODE 2
“Nguo kani hiso?” The gateman asked moving towards me. “Kwanza unaulisako maswali mengi kwa wakati mmocha. Kwani unafikiriako mimi ni combutor?” he added as he approched me. He looked at the direction I was pointing.
“Zile pale!” I told him pointing at the jumper and the cap. He looked at them for a moment then turned to me. He laughed at me then clapped his hands. “Ni sako hiso nguo?” He asked.
“Hapana. Si zangu. But ningependa kujua mtu amezidrop hapo. Pliz niambie ka umemuona.” I asked impatiently. At that time, my heart was racing at a lightning speed. I felt like forcing the gateman to speak all that he knew. His delay and reluctance annoyed me. I wishe I had a gun. I could have forced him to talk at a gun point.  The gateman looked at me, shook his head and started moving towards the direction of the clothes. He spoke as he walked. “Aki tata umekunyako nini? Konyaki au Euro? Umekucha na maswali kipao ka polisi.. sichui msacha amefaa ache.. sichui mwanaume.. sasa ati huru runguo… sichui next ni..” His voice faded as heapproched the clothes. He picked a stick from the ground and used it to turn the jumper. “Hisi sinakaa sa mwenda wasimu alisi…” He stopped suddenly, turned and looked at me. “Ni chumber msuri. Haiwesikuwa ya mwendasimu. “ He said looking at me keenly.
“Ni sako?” He asked me.
“Mmmh! Nazijua. Najua ni za nani” I answered not knowing the exact answer I was giving him.
The gateman raised up suddenly and called me. “Kucha hapa msichana.” He now changed his face and looked serious. I slowly walked towards him. I wondered what he had seen there. His eyes were fixed on me as I approached him.
“Hata hii yenye ilikuwako imefunikwa na hii chumber ni yako?” he told me poimting on an item on the ground. I increased my speed and moved faster towards him. I let my eyes follow the direction he was pointing. I was shocked to see Clara’s phone on the ground. it was still on but the screen lock pattern had locked.
“Nitachuache ni sako hisi fitu?” the gateman asked me. He looked at me suspeciously as though telling me, ‘msichana una maswali ya kujibu!”
“Acha nikuprovie ni yangu” I said while extending my hands towards the ground. He suddenly pulled me back.
“Unachua sasa hisi vitu ni expit” He said while dropping his left hand in the pocket of his trousers. He pulled out a black plastic paper bag and stutarted unfolding it. “Usikuse na mikono. Lasima tufanye uchungusi tuchue ka hisi fitu ni sa wisi au mwenyewe ameuliwa. Unachua nairopi ina wenyewe… “
His last statements made my heart skip a beat. I felt a strong chill run down my spine.  The thought of Clara dead crossed my mind. Then I remembered the words she had written on my book. I felt like bursting into a loud cry. I thought of her smile. An ever smiling girl. Very innocent. An innocent soul indeed. What about the other soul in her? Was it worth death. No. it wast. Even Clara was not worth death. “No! Hajakufa!” I found myself creaming.
The gateman looked at me, surprised, he asked me “Nani hachakufwa?”
“Mwenye hiyo nangos!” I answered him trying to cool down.
“Si Umesema  wewe ndo mwenye haka kasimu?” he asked me. Now looking confused.
“Yaah. Ni yangu ndo manake nakwambia sijadie.” I answered simply. Now trying to force a fake smile. All I wanted was to posses that phone. I wondered how I could get it. I prayed to God silently, hoping and trusting that Clara had not changed her phone lock pattern. I though on ways to make the security guy to give me the phone.
“Unajua hizi vitu ziliibiwa kwa room yangu?” I asked him confidently.
“Siliipiwa saa ngapi?” The gateman asked me.
“Na hao watu nimekuja kukuuliza kama umewaona. Walikimbia nazo huku nje na sijui ni Mungu gani aliwashika wakazidrop hapa.” I told him. I moved closed to him. Looked directly into his eyes. I made sure that I blinked in a sexy manner.
“Nipee woiye niende. “ I told him in a low tone. I saw him blush. I laughed deep inside my heart. I kew I was going to win the battle. The battle they I had all it took to win. I was confident of taking Clara’s phone. I was sure I’d do what I had never done before and win the phone. I had all I needed to know I looked at the gateman again. He was staring at me too. I lifted my skirt slightly, leting my smooth thighs out. He lowered his eyes and looked at my beautiful thighs. I became cock sure that he wsa salivating. The motion infront of his trouser could tell me. ‘poor men’. I thought.
“Sasa unasemako ati hisi vitu ni sako?” he asked me, his eyes still fixed on my thighs. I lifted my skirt again.
“Yaah. Si nmekushoo ni zangu.” I answered in a low tone now moving close to him.
“Hata haka kachumber na standing ni sako?”
“Zii, za chali wamgu!” I answered.
“Sawa, kucha hapa. Songa karipu na mimi uweke kipattern nione.” He said as he streched his hand and held my should. He handed the phone to me. I took it, held it and made a little prayer. “God don’t ashame me. “ I prayed. I took the phone, closed my eyes and when I oppened, I quickly drew a Z pattern on the Samsung phon and what! It was unlocked. I felt happy, I did not look at it for the second time. I quickly streched my hand towards the gateman.
“Si unaona ni yangu!” I shouted at him.
“Kwani ulinyang’anywa ukiandikako messache?” The gateman asked me when he looked at the unlocked phone.
I quickly pulled it back. “Yah, nlikuwa naandika message. I anwered as I looked at the phone. What I saw on the screen convinced me that Clara was typing a text message before her phone was snached. I did not read it at the moment. All I wanted was to get away from the gateman. “Nipe vitu zangu niende basi” I told him, my face now looking serious.
“Na sangu utanipea lini?” He asked me smiling as he handed the jumper and the cap to me.
“Kwani huna bibi” I said as I clicked. I pulled the things from his hand because he was hasitating to hand them to me. “Shika adabu na adabu ukushike. Next time wezi wakikupita ka umeng’ethia kwa gate….” I told him as I left heading back into the school compound.
“Hata wewe ni mmocha wa hao wesi. Potelea mbali!” he shouted at me angrily when I was leaving.
As soon as I left the gate, I quickly unlocked the phone to see the kind of a text Clara was writing. And I read. “JANET TUSIPOONANA TENA JUA MTOTO WANGU NA MIMI TUNAKUPENDA. WE ARE INNOCENT.. ANGALIA KWA BOOK YAKO. HIYO NAMBA INAISHA NA. 32220OO1111110EGHJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ???????”
This message made tears drop from my eyes. I felt like screaming. Whom will I tell. What will I sat? Where is she? Where did they take her? Many questions ran through my head. I looked at the numbers. The missing diggits were three. I became certain that the phone was not taken easily. There must have been a struggle. The way the last numbers and letters were misplaced, I knew the guy and Clara must have been in a serious struggle before she was defeated.
I wondered who to share the story with. Should I report the matter? What if she is safe? And why did she had to warn me? I decided to go back  and try to crack the numbers. If I get the correct number, I knew who to go to. “I will approach Frank!” I told myself.
Frank was a cool guy. He had fallen for Clara for a long time. He used to love her, though Clara never receprocated. I remembere The many times Frank had taken us out. Bought Clara many gifts. But Clara never liked him. I wa sure Frank had never received even a hug from Clara. All Clara used to tell me wa.”Ana doo za kuwaste. Mimi sina time naye.” She once told me when I told him to consider frank. “Kama unampenda nenda akukatie wewe!” She told me. I was more than sure that Frank will help me trace her. Because I knew he loved her
I quickly rushed to the lecture room. Where we were studying. I picked the book and stared matching the numbe. I tried to enter the digits in her phone. I was amazed by how most of the numbers in her phone book started with the same pattern. I tried to enter seven digits, the suggestions were many, but when I entered eight digits, only one name was suggested.  I did not believe my eyes from what I saw. I wondered what to do next. I thought of many secretes Clara had been hiding from me. For all this long.?
I looked at the name again. Clara had saved it in Capital Letters with many ‘!!!!’ marks after the name. it was saved. ‘FRANK DE RAPIST!!!!” Frank of all people!! I wondered. I Decided to fight this alone. I had to figure out where they had taken her. I was ready to face the police. I took my book, the phone and the message, I saved it in the draft. I took the jumper and the cap ready to head to Cental Police station. “Hii mbwa inaitwa Frank Lazima iozee Jela.” I silently thought.
I turned faster arned with my evidence. “ Clara utaokolewa!” I said as I nwhiped the tears from my eyes.  Suddenly when I finished  whiping my eyes, I saw a figure of a person standing next to me. He was smiling. I did not know how he entered the lecture room. He fixed his eyes on me. He was smiling.  He looked at me for a moment, then moved towards me rubbing his hand togather. He steched his hand and slowly held my should.
“Janet, Kaa chini tuongee” Frank told me while tapping my shoulder.
TO BE CONTINUED.
#JanetTheWriter.

Post a Comment

 
Top