0

PREVIOSLY IN EPISODE 2

I turned faster arned with my evidence. “ Clara utaokolewa!” I said as I nwhiped the tears from my eyes.  Suddenly when I finished  whiping my eyes, I saw a figure of a person standing next to me. He was smiling. I did not know how he entered the lecture room. He fixed his eyes on me. He was smiling.  He looked at me for a moment, then moved towards me rubbing his hand togather. He steched his hand and slowly held my should.

“Janet, Kaa chini tuongee” Frank told me while tapping my shoulder

INNOCENT SOUL (CLARA) EPISODE 3

I remained standing, glued to the ground like a pole. I looked at him. He was different from the Frank than I knew before I realised who really he was. I felt like crashing him. At the same time, my heart was burning. Burning with fear and anger. What will he do to me? How did he know that I was in this hall? Does he know that I have all the information? Many questions ran through my head. I wondered what to tell him, what to do to him and what to do so that he tells me where Clara was.
Frank’s eyes were fixed on me. He kept looking at the things I was holding in my eyes. He nodded his head. Removed his hand from my shoulder then made a step towards me. He dipped his right hand in the pocked then stretched his left hand towards me smiling. He then touched the jumper I was holding.
“Nice jumper”, he said. “Now, will you sit down we talk?” he asked. Now trying to be serious. I kept looking at him. I did not move.
“unataka tubonge kuhusu nini?” I asked him in a low tone.
“Wewe kaa chini you will know what I want us to talk about.” He said in finality.
“I can still talk while standing. And don’t take much of my time coz am also rushing somewhere.” I told him, also trying to be rude.
“At the Police station?” He asked while laughing. “Sikiza Janet. Nataka uniambie what you know about Clara. You tell me everything that she has told you. Whatever ulicheki kwa phone yake. And after that, I will give you directions.” He added.
I had never seen Frank like this before. Is this the Frank that I knew? His eyes were now wide and red. Blood veins could be seen on his protruding forehead. He kept nodding his head like a mad person.
“Frank I don’t know what you are talking about. Please let me go!” I said trying to move past him. He pushed back using his left hand. “Don’t even think about it!” he told me in a bitter tone.
“What will you do?” I also asked him in a bitter tone.
“Usijifanye kujua sana Janet. Clara alikuambia nini kabla atoke?” He asked now pointing at me.
“Hakuna. Tulikuwa tu tunasoma.” I answered simply.
“Sawa, nipe hizo vitu, plus simu yake na yako pia. Then utoke uende.” Frank said. He moved close to me and pulled the jumper from me. He then pulled the cap too.
“Masimu!” He ordered.
“Sikupi Frank. Utado?” I asked angrily.
“Sitado any” He told me smiling. He then lifted his shirt using his left hand. He used his head to let me look down his belt. I was scare by what I saw. I shiny knife. Sharpened at both sides and having a sharp end. My blood become cold suddenly. I started to tremble. I felt like crying. He looked at me again. Still nodding his head. He covered the knife then looked at me.
“I see now you are ready to cooperate. Now do vile nimekusho” he told me.
“Aki Frank chukua simu ya Clara but yangu niachie.” I told him while tears of fear started rolling down my cheeks. I was very scared that I felt weak. My head was thinking no more. For once I stopped thinking about Clara and thought of my life. I wished Jose was there. I felt helpless. I thought of screaming. Unfortunately, there was no other person near the lecture hall. It was on a weekend and more so late evening. I thought of what to do. My heart beating fast and hard that I could see the movement of my left breast.
“Before tunegotiate about phones. Niambie kile Clara alikushoo.” He insisted.
“Hakunishoo any” I told him while trying to sound Frank.
“Usinifanye nitumie hii stuff nimekusho!” He told me trying to pull the knife.
“Sawa!” I shouted while jumping to his hand to stop him from pulling the knife. “Alinishoo ana ball ya three months. Na atailea!” I told him while crying.
“Alikushoo hiyo ball ni ya nani?” he asked me.
“Zii. Hakunishoo!” I answered.
“So nataka tumake deal. Hii deal itasave life yako, na Clara. “. Frank told me. Nataka nicall Clara. I want you to talk to her, tell her to agree to do what she is being told. After that, mtakuwa free!” Frank told me as he dipped his hand in his pocked. The other hand was holding the things he had snatched from me. He pulled out a small techno phone then dialled some number. He listened and when it was received at the other end he said. “Pea hiyo Malaya simu iongee na Malaya mwenzake”
Frank’s words real made me bitter. Even after raping Clara, he still had the guts of calling her “Malaya”. And me too. Tears rolled down my cheeks. “Shika simu!” He ordered me.
“I stretched my hand and picked the phone. I had started crying. Was I really going to accept to convince Clara to abort? Was the baby really worth death? What if Clara died in the process? Where will the blood of the two innocent souls go? On my hand? No. I wasn’t ready to convince a person to kill. More so to kill an innocent soul. I trembled as I held the phone. Frank pulled out the knife and pointed at me. “Fanya Mzaha hii kisu iingie kwa tumbo yako. Unajua mbona nimevaa cloves, hii kisu ina fingerprints za Jose. Usitake jua vile aliguza. But nitakudunga na itasemekena ni yeye alikukill. Na ataozea jala. Do you know hata simu yake hana? We have it. He is now mteja. And we have used his phone to text Clara. That they meet somewhere. And Clara will be killed too. And the murder weapon also has Jose’s fingerprints. So if u want to save your life, the life of your fellow idiot and save your broke guy from rotting in prison, just tell Clara to agree to abort” Jose told me as I held the phone. The phone was still on call.
The thought of framing Jose for our murder made me mad. I loved Jose. I could not imagine him rotting in prison for something he did not commit. I remembered the promises he had made to me. And the promises I had made to him. “Sweetheart, If I ever die, I will make sure that I leave you happy. I leave you to cherish the moments we have shared together. The moments we have kissed, listened to the songs, made love, gone out and the bitter moments we overcame like the one we spent the whole day without eating coz we had no money. If I die, I will make sure I don’t leave any sorrows behind you.” I had once told Jose in a recording that he has really treasured to the moment. If I fail to convince Clara, Jose will die in Jail.
“Unadanganya?” I finally told him. “Huweziframe jose.” I added while crying.
“Kata hiyo simu kwanza nikushoo kitu.” Frank told me. He snatched the phone and hanged up himself. He returned it in his pocket then told me. “Najua una simu ya Clara. Uliichukua pale gate. So wewe itoe na uangalie inbox ka hutapata text imetoka kwa Jose.” He still nodded his head. I dipped my hand in my handbag and pulled out the phone. I unlocked it and believe me I saw a new text message. The number had been saved ‘Jose Shemeji’ the text read. “Clara, pliz let us meet at the usual place I confirmed what you told me. Janet ana mtu mwingine. Nimewapata pamoja na nikadeal naye. Boy alihepa.” I wanted to delete the massage. It made my nerves numb. I almost dropped the phone.
“Hata ukudelete data iko kwa safaricom. Sasa shika simu uconvince huyo Malaya mwenzako.” He told me while handing the phone back.
“Mimi si Malaya.” I said tears flowing down my cheeks like river sagana. If kengen could have found me, they could have generated a lot of energy from my tears.
“Nyiny ni Malaya. Do u know how much nimespend kwa huyo kuro. The expensive dresses she wear. The laptop she possess, nimempeleka out hadi Mombasa. White sands. Unajua hata kiss alikuwa anakataa kunipea. All she wanted was to use my wallet. Pia wewe unajua hivyo coz kuna outs we went pamoja. Coz your Jose could not afford such expensive outs. Mbona mnapenda kula na kulipa hamtakii” Frank was now speaking with bitterness. His eyes had turned redder than before. “I had to get my payments. And coz my friends walinihurumia, they joined hands with me. Tukafanya harambee wakanihelp tukapata malipo. I even thought she was a virgin. Kumbe alikuwa hii mitaro ya kawaida. In the process, akapata ball. So I only need afanye a simple thing. Asizae huyo mtoto na tumalize hii stori. But hataki kusikia. Imebidi we use force. She either abort or they die both.” He said.
He was now trembling with anger. Tears dropping while he sweat. He held the knife firmly. I also so death. He meant his words. I become confused.
“call hiyo last dialled number! Malaya ya Malaya wewe.!” He shouted at me.
I quickly pressed the call button und put the phone on my left ear. I was trembling like a termite trapped on a spider’s web. The call was picked by a man. When he had my voice. I heard him issue a command. “Ongea na huyu mwanamke.”
“Hello dear..” I heard Clara’s voice. She sounded cooler than I had ever heard her. Her voice was soft, cool and innocent. Her breath made me feel as though she was just near me. “Janet..” she called my name after I remained long without speaking. Tears increase. I heard something chock me. I felt sorry for her. I imagined her lovely smile. Clara my dear. I tried to speak but I was unable.
“Talk to me Janet. Are you there hun” She asked.
“ye.. Ye.. Yeeess baby girl” I answered while crying. Then we both said “Am sorry” at the same time.
“Nahesabu hadi tano. Ka hutakuwa umemshoo nakudunga mara kumi with this knife and order pia yeye auliwe.” Frank threatened me. He then started counting. He counted till three.. I was still unable to talk to Clara. She just kept telling me sorry. I cried more and more. I fought with my conscious and soul. I decided not to convince her. I rather die. I said to myself.  It was five. Frank became furious. He pulled back the knife and at the moment, I dropped the phone and shouted. “I love you Jose!”
To be continued.
@JanetTheWriter.
If you love the story, please share at the button below.

Post a Comment

 
Top