i was ur's in the desert.
when you had thirst,
but, then, you saw the oasis.
far in the horizon. 
the palms around it, 
to shelter from the sun.

i am but a drop of water.
here for your thirst.
but, then, you saw the oasis.
and you poured me on the sand,
to refill your flask,
i am dirty. and he is fresh.

you left me on the sand,
to the mercies of the sun.
i just everporated.
but i rose. up and above i went.
i grew and cooled. 
to form a cloud. 
a protection from the sun.

but when you saw me,
you ran into the tent,
and called me a storm.
that night i cried, 
and my tears flooded the desert. 

but the winds came.
and blew me away.
to the fields, so far from you. 
and there i saw her. bent in the shamba.
waiting for me.
 to cry on her. 
and when i cried.

she sang.
a happy song. 
a song in the rain.
she put my tears. in the tanks of her house.
for when the sun shines.
SHE WILL ALWAYS HAV ME.

Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.
 
Top