0

PREVIOUSLY IN EPISODE 4

Before my panty reached my waist, Jose was out of the room. “Jose ni Frame. Jose nakufaaa..! Ningojee” I tried to shout running after him. The two girls also left the room. Before I reached the door, I felt Frank’s hand grab me.

“Unaenda wapi?” He shouted. “Kuja hapa. Malaya!”

EPISODE 5

I turned at a lightning speed. I don’t know how but I managed to give him the best slap I have ever produced in my life. He let go my hand. He held is face with both hands while making some turns. I knew I had hurt him. At that moment, my senses started resuming. I noticed that my bra was still loose, my top had only one button. The one that was loose when Frank pulled it. To my surprise, my skirt was still above my waist. I dropped it quickly. I did not want to lose any chance, all I wanted was to get out of that room. I wanted to run and find Jose. I wanted to explain everything to him. I wanted to tell him before his sugar level could rise.
Jose was diabetic. He survived on insulin injection. He injected himself daily and whenever his blood sugar would raise. The level was triggered by different factors, high tension and stress being one of the factors. My heart was racing. I was panting like an overloaded donkey trying to climb some hiss in Limuru. Sweat dripped from my head, despite to the fact that it was cold. All the events that were happening on that day had made me insane. I was in a turmoil. I knew that Jose’s sugar level must have risen especially after the encounter.
Frank was still holding his face, probably I had hit his eyes. I looked back and saw my handbag. I quickly turned back to pick it and rushed towards the door. Darkness had started to set in. The campus security lights were now on. No sooner had I reached the door, than it was locked from outside. We were locked inside. Frank and I. I sensed danger. Frank removed his hands from his face. His left eye was red, swollen and tears was dropping from eat. He looked at me furiously. He went straight to the point where the jumper was, he lifted it and picked the knife that had been hidden under it. I almost emptied my bladder when I set my eyes on the knife.
“Wewe Malaya ni mimi umeumiza hivi?” He roared as he approached me. “Utatambua leo mbona kuku huwa hainyori”
I started moving back as he approached me. I moved back until I landed on the wall. “Za sakafuni huishia ukingoni” He said while rubbing his left eye with his left hand. In his right hand, he was holding the knife. He had gripped it firmly. I was shaking. His blood veins could still be seen on the forehead although darkness had started filling the room and the lights had not been switched on.
“Frank niache. Umenitesa leo vya kutosha” I said while crying.
“Unalia na sijakuguza?” he asked. “Janet, umejifanya una nguvu. Right?”
I kept quiet. I did not speak to him. All I was doing was crying. Tears dropped from my eyes like rain. My eyes had started swelling. I started moving sideways. I was really hoping and praying that someone would come to my rescue. Suddenly, an idea ran down my rather numb mind. I thought of screaming. I believed that the security officers of the school had started to make their initial patrol and probably they could hear me scream and come to my rescue. I was sure that that would work. And even if Frank would have stubbed me, he would not have escaped.
Before I could cream, Frank walked away from me and went straight to the switch. He turned the lights on. He then went straight to the door and shook it while shouting. “Fungua!”. The other guy slowly opened the door. Frank talked to him and I could see the guy handing some items to Frank. It was a white substance. He held it on his palm and sniffed. He then shook his head as he whipped his nose. Frank then returned the substance to the guy and ordered him  to close the door from outside. “Na ukae rada!” he told the guy.
“Janet, nataka kukushoo Kitu.” Frank said as he moved towards me. “Najua unajiona umeshinda sana. But unfortunately, bado uko far from winning. I still hold on that you talk to Clara.    Ok?” He said as he approached me.
“Heri uniue. Siongei na Clara. I can’t convince her. Son of a bitch!” I yelled.
“Do you still love Jose?” He asked, his blood red eyes fixed on me. I kept quiet. I did not respond. All I was looking for was a savior. Someone who would save me from Frank. I had hoped that Jose would save me. Unfortunately, Frank became smart enough and framed me.
“Ok, usijibu.” Frank said. “I know you love Jose and you can do anything to save him. Unfortunately, time is counting and within no time, Jose will be dead. And do you know blame itakuwa kwa nani? Kwako!” He was now smiling as he talked. He kept on nodding his head like a mad man. Frank had never been like this before, I was real surprised. I pinched my skin to make sure that I was not dreaming. Surely, I was not. It was happening in real time. Clara had been taken hostage, now it was me. I had been framed and Jose, the one I hoped to save me, had walked from me.  I didn’t blame him either, if I were him, I would have done the same. Now he was somewhere probably suffering from high sugar level.
“There is no way utaua Jose na useme ni mimi. That is the hardest thing u would do,” I told him confidently.
“Jose is diabetic. I know that. And I am very sure that after what he has experienced, his sugar level is extremely high now. He is now somewhere busy looking for his insulin and syringe!” Frank laughed sarcastically as he told me.
“You son of a bitch.” I shouted at the top of my voice. Frank quickly rushed towards me, dropped the knife and held me by the neck with one hand, and covered my mouth with the other hand. I tried to bite him but he was too strong. He pressed his blow in my mouth that I could not move my jaws, he then led his mouth near my ears and whispered, “Jose’s insulin is not in his room. It is somewhere safe. A place that could be associated with you. So if Jose die, it will be said that you did all the things to kill him. Did you see those girls, they were recording everything. Beth took a video with her phone. Jose’s phone and insulin are at the same place, a place that you have your belongings too. So you have to decide, either to save     Jose, or leave him to die then you end up in prison.” He then laughed.
Frank’s words made me weak. I thought of what would happen to Jose.               They had stolen his phone, then his insulin. I knew that Jose was in trouble. I had to save him. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I pitied him.
“So what do you want me to do?” I asked Frank when he removed his hand from my mouth.
“Obvious, to convince Clara. I don’t know why Clara believes that you are the only one who can convince her. Tell her to do what I want then I will order my men and women to give Jose his insulin. Time is not on your side madam Janet” Frank said, letting go my neck. “Una seconds kumi za ku decide.” He told me
I become more confused. I pitied Jose. He was suffering for something he wasn’t supposed to. I almost collapsed when a thought of him dead ran across my mind. I was also worried for being framed for his death. So I had two good reasons for saving Jose; one, I loved him and two, to avoid being framed. Frank had played a clever game. He was smart, I admitted. But all in all, I had to save Jose before it was too late. Even if I were to talk to Clara, I was not sure whether Frank will give Jose the insulin or not. All I blamed was Jose’s roommate, he must have been in the plan. He was the only person who knew Jose used insulin. No one else knew apart from me and him. Not even Jose’s friends.
Time was not static. It was moving very fast. I could tell by the darkness that had now engulfed the places where there was no security lights. Frank was standing in front of me. His eyes were fixed on me. They had bulged. I wonder what effects the substance he had sniffed had on his eyes. “Four seconds remaining, three, two…” he counted.
Before he could reach one, I lifted my right knee with all force I could afford. I used it to knock the area between his legs. He bent very fast with his hands at the area I had knocked. I quickly bent and picked the knife that he had dropped on the floor. Frank gave a loud scream. It was filled with pain. The other guy opened the door and rushed in faster. He rushed to rescue Frank. When he arrived, He found my hands high holding the knife ready to land it on Frank’s back. He quickly jumped to the knife. He held the sharp edges. He then gave a loud groan. Suddenly, I saw blood oozing from his hand.
“Amenikata!” He cried.
Frank could not withstand the pain. He fell on the ground and started rolling and groaning in pain. “Mshike!” He shouted as I rushed towards my hand bag.
“Amenikata mikono yote!” The guy shouted at Frank. I quickly dropped the knife, grabbed my handbag and dashed out of the lecture room. I left them moaning and groaning. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I was glad that I was out of the room, but my worry was on Jose and Clara. Will I save them? As I ran across the pavement, I came across a security guard. He tried to stop me but I had no time to waste.
“Msichana!” I could hear him shout at me as I disappeared in the darkness.
I was finally outside Jose’s room. My heart was racing. Sweat dripping from my forehead. All I was hoping for was for Jose to be alive. The door was closed. I knocked hard but no one responded. I quickly pushed it and thank God it was not locked from inside. I quickly entered not knowing what to find.
Alas!  I did not believe my eyes when I found Jose lying on the floor. His mouth was covered with form. My heart skipped several beats and I ran out of breath. The room was in a mess. I guess Jose had been looking for his insulin everywhere. All the books, clothes, sheets, personal items and plates were scattered on the floor. The mattress had been overturned and the blankets thrown on his roommate’s bed. I almost fainted. I pitied his innocent soul. His roommate was not inside.
I quickly rushed towards him. I knelt down and started shaking him while crying and screaming his name. “Jose!” No response.
“Jose my love!” He did not move. “Somebody heeelp” I shouted. There was still no motion.
“Joseeeee!”
To be continued.
@JantetTheWriter
IF YOU LOVE IT SHARE IT

Post a Comment

 
Top