0

 Image result for pic of a mother


When I fall in love with a woman, I take her
to my mother first before anything else
If my mother says NO then I'll have no
option but to let you go
However much it will break my heart. Ill call
you in a hotel room where you can't break
utensils, throw pans and mwikos at me.
I'll sit you down like a doctor sits his
patient. I'll cap your face in my hands and
wipe your chin with my thumbs, look at you
in the eyes and wisper tenderly, " Honey,
you are such a beautiful woman, a
blossoming tulip, my only solace. A very rare
kind and I'll never have a woman like you.
And that is why I called you here. I want
you to go out there and find a better man.
A man that deserves you. Am not worthy of
your love. I appreciate all the efforts you
have made in this relationship. But they are
futile now. It's in the past. It's a decision I
have made. We have just broken up. We
can't argue over it. Am sure you will thank
me later."
Because I fear facing your tears, I'll stand
and walk gently towards the balcony
You will run out of the room crying, I would
wish to run after you but my mother's
strength wouldn't let me. So I'd just glue
myself where I am.
You wouldn't mind about the rain falling on
your newly plaited hair. You would run out
of the gate and get inside a cab. You would
look up at me in the balcony. I'd look away.
I'd hear the cab speeding off with the
woman I love. To a place of oblivion. To her
future serendipity.
I would go back to the room, pick a phone
and call my mum. I'd tell her am done with
you. She would giggle. I would giggle too.
I can sacrifice anyone just to hear my Mama
giggle.

Post a Comment

 
Top