Image result for photo of uhuru kenyatta
In 2012 when President Uhuru Kenyatta was the Deputy Prime Minister, he was hosted for an interview at Kenyatta University by Equity Bank CEO, James Mwangi.


Uhuru revealed a lot from his earlier life including incidences where he was bullied by some school boys who beat him up and when he rushed home to tell his father, Mzee Jomo Kenyatta, the old mzee told him to learn how to fight his own battles.
Here is his inspiring story;
One day in school the class 7’s beat us and since all my class 6 classmates knew my father was President they urged me on saying, ‘ do something, show these guys your Dad is President’
So we all went to the telephone booth and we knew how to use the booth without paying and mzee picked the call and he listened to my story all the time responding, Aha….Aha…then when i was done he paused for a while, and everyone was waiting for my word.
My dad then said, “You must learn how to fight your own battles” and he disconnected the call”
“I had been beaten and told off, but I turned smiling and assured my classmates that all will be well as any other child at that age would do…I knew nothing would be done but luckily the next day the teachers heard about the incident of our beating and really punished the class 7’s”
here is a video proof.

 
Top